Location : Home- IT3
, the Omega 3 technical index
From Omega 3 to it3
Since the mists of time lipids have nourished life. Omega 3 fatty acids of the plant membranes of grass and algae are the basis of all food chains.
, established by VALOREX, summarises nearly twenty years of work and around sixty scientific publications dedicated to animal nutrition to offer you what every farmer wants: greater profitability for his farm, more tranquillity for his livestock, and better health for the consumer of his products.
Tradi-lin® is the result of applying a precise process on carefully-selected seeds. For users of Tradi-lin®, there is it3.
allows instructions for Tradi-lin® to be defined for farmers, formulators, technicians, processors, etc. It allows for safe and optimised use of Omega 3s on the farm.
is the Omega 3 technical index. It is a synthetic value for the use made of the Omega 3s by the animal. it3 is the result of analysing data that Valorex has amassed for 15 years now from ruminants and monogastric animals: milk production, daily weight gain, fertility, LMC, preventing acidose, reducing methane discharge, etc.
All these effects are linked to the particular metabolic use of the Omega 3 fatty acids in linseed. This metabolic use is linked to the quantity of Omega 3, but especially to the effectiveness of these fatty acids.
How is the it3 index of a product determined?
combines 3 criteria using 6 items of analytical data:
The 6 items of analytical data:
- lipid content: L
- effective fat content: EFC
- Omega 3 fatty acid content: ALA
- Omega 6 fatty acid content: LA
- anti-nutritional factor content: TT (oxidation index)
is calculated using 3 criteria:
- Interest potential (IP): L*ALA
- Metabolic use potential (MUP): IP * EFC
- True zootechnical effectiveness = it3 = MUP / TT / LA
Data for information:
(g/kg of dry matter)
|Grazed grass (quality ++)||12|
|Maize silage||- 0.9|
(g/kg of raw material)
|Soya cake||- 0.1|
How is it3 used?
is used by all professionals in the animal sectors to:
- design feed programmes for each species, at each physiological stage
- reach the health objectives for herds and profitability objectives for farms, by providing products with a better nutritional composition for Man, taking the impact on the environment into account.
is a tool at the service of sustainable development for farms.
Valorex - Stonyfield- The Greener Cow Project - La vache écologique Presentation of the project “the greener cow” realized between the companies Valorex (France, 35)...